Thorsten Weiß and Fabian Deitelhoff ported the C# example from the dotnetpro article to Visual Basic .NET and published it on github: https://github.com/fdeitelhoff/VB.NET-License-Manager
Thanks for your work.
In the next dotnetpro magazine 10/2013 (will be published on 19.09.2013) is a nice small article in german about Portable.Licensing by Fabian Deitelhoff
The blog post from Steffen Forkmann about the violation of the MIT/X11 license of the Portable.Licensing project by Team Knowlege Ltd. can be found here:
Portable.Licensing 1.1.0 released that fixed a security vulnerability.
Due a uninitialized seed of the random numeric generator the KeyGenerator generated equal KeyPairs each time. Please refer Bug #135 for further information.
It is highly recommend to generate a new KeyPair for your application.
The changelog is available on the roadmap site: 1.1.0
Portable.Licensing is a cross platform software licensing framework which allows you to implement licensing into your application or library. It provides you all tools to create and validate licenses for your software.
Portable.Licensing is using the latest military strength, state-of-the-art cryptographic algorithm to ensure that your software and thus your intellectual property is protected.
It is targeting the Portable Class Library and thus runs on nearly every .NET/Mono profile including Silverlight, Windows Phone, Windows Store App, Xamarin.iOS, Xamarin.Android, Xamarin.Mac and XBox 360. Use it for your Desktop- (WinForms, WPF, etc.), Console-, Service-, Web- (ASP.NET, MVC, etc.), Mobile (Xamarin.iOS, Xamarin.Android) or even LightSwitch applications.
- runs on .NET >= 4.0.3, Silverlight >= 4, Windows Phone >= 7.5, Windows Store Apps, Mono, Xamarin.iOS, Xamarin.Android, Xamarin.Mac, XBox 360
- easy creation and validation of your licenses
- trial, standard and subscription licenses
- cryptographic signed licenses, no alteration possible
- allows you to enable/disable program modules or product features
- limit various parameters for your software, e.g. max transactions, etc.
- add additional key/value pair attributes to your licenses
- easily extend the fluent validation API with extension methods
A reference implementation of a management application for products, customers and licenses is available here: https://github.com/dnauck/License.Manager-Light
- NuGet: https://nuget.org/packages/Portable.Licensing
- Xamarin: http://components.xamarin.com/view/Portable.Licensing/
- Github: https://github.com/dnauck/Portable.Licensing
- [[GettingStarted|Getting Started]]
- Portable.Licensing with F# by Steffen Forkman
AspSQLProvider: NauckIT.PostgreSQLProvider 2.0.0 released (1 comment)
Just released NauckIT.PostgreSQLProvider 2.0 including several bugfixes and improvements.
You can download the package via NuGet https://nuget.org/packages/NauckIT.PostgreSQLProvider
It’s been a while, I’ve been side tracked with trying to track some performance issues with CC.NET. I have just posted the binaries for the fourth beta – although most of the changes have been around for a few weeks. The following items have been added/fixed:
- Swapped Ok and Cancel buttons
- Cleaned up the settings dialog so the name of the tab is not on each button within the tab
- Added a double-click action to the all projects grid – the user can choose which action to perform
- Added servers and projects to the system tray – clicking on a project triggers the double click action
I am running this as my CC.NET monitor and it seems to be working. I know there are a couple of issues with configuration that need to be resolved, otherwise it is ready for release :)
The binaries can be downloaded from https://www.ohloh.net/p/FastForwardNET/download
The Git repository is located at:
The latest source can be checked out with the following command:
git clone git://github.com/dnauck/AspSQLProvider.git
Also the wiki pages has been updated to reflect this change.
Also available in: Atom